5 Ways to improve your sleep quality
A few weeks ago we put out an email titled ‘CBD for Sleeping’.
Improved sleep is one of the most common reasons that people buy our CBD, yet it is still not widely adopted!
So here is 5 more inexpensive sleep ‘hacks’ that you may not have heard of.
These may not provide an immediate ‘result’, but by making them a habitual part of your day, you’re setting yourself up daily for an improved quality of sleep.
(TL;DR) Quick Summary:
- No Screens or Electronic Stimulation an Hour Before Bed
- White Noise Machines
- Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar
- Set Up Your Bedroom For Sleep
No Screens or Electronic Stimulation an Hour Before Bed
This is one that you have almost definitely heard before. But we’re reiterating it here because it is so important if you’re someone who struggles to fall asleep at night.
We often think of screens (games, movies, our phones, etc) as being relaxing. And while they are a way of unwinding from the day, they are actually stimulating for our minds.
- Switch off all screens an hour before you intend to fall asleep. Use this time to read a book, have a shower, stretch, meditate or tidy up.
- Switch on ‘Night Shift’ on your devices. This means that blue light from your screen will automatically be dimmed as the sun rises and falls.
White Noise Machines
White noise machines can now be bought reasonably inexpensively to create relaxing background noises as you fall asleep.
The reason we suggest buying a machine to do this job, and not just using your phone is that we want to minimize screen use and distractions in the evening as much as possible!
- Search online for a machine that is in your price range. They can be bought for as little as £15, with a decent model usually costing around £25-£30. But they can range into the £100’s for all sorts of fancy (and usually unnecessary) features!
- Make sure to check youtube for product reviews before making a purchase.
Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar
Okay, this is probably a bit more on the unusual side. But mixing a teaspoon of organic honey and 1-2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar into a neutral-flavoured, caffeine-free tea (like a herbal tea) can help to bring about natural drowsiness.
This can be done 1 hour before bed and can also be safely combined with our unflavoured CBD oil.
In addition to the above suggestion, you could also try adding this supplement to your pre-bed routine. This is another one that you may not have heard of. ZMA is typically used by bodybuilders to replace minerals that were lost from their system during exercise.
It is a mixture of zinc, magnesium, and b-vitamins. Just as a heads-up, it can also bring about quite vivid dreams the first few times that you take it.
Set Up Your Bedroom For Sleep
Every aspect of your room should be conducive to helping you relax:
- Keep your room cool with decent airflow.
- Make sure that your room is really dark with heavy blinds (or a black-out blind)
- Remove screens and other distractions
- Remove any reminders of work or projects
- Consider a white noise machine
- Consider relaxing room sprays made with natural ingredients
Has our CBD oil helped with your sleep quality? We'd love to hear all about it and are happy for you to share on our website!